Rocket Mortgage Product Manager
The Rocket Mortgage Product Manager helps advance the first, largest and most successful digital mortgage experience on the planet. Rocket Mortgage® is a crucial part of our future, and this team member pioneers new optimization strategies to monetize Rocket Mortgage® without compromising the user experience. We are changing the old, antiquated, slow and frustrating home lending experience ... forever.
The Rocket Mortgage Product Manager is the tactical driver of the Rocket Mortgage® product, helping us perfect the customer experience through optimization. Data informs our art, and we need a data-driven creative thinker who will look at our entire customer life cycle and develop a road map to optimize every step of the journey.
This team member's day is filled with defining problems based on existing data, setting up experiments, running them and reporting on the success of each one and how it relates to the broader product strategy. This team member must be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. The Rocket Mortgage Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Immerse yourself in our entire client-driven experience and become a subject matter expert
- Spend time analyzing data to identify areas of opportunity and create strategies and tactics designed to meet our goals
- Obtain a deep understanding of our client types and their online behavior and find new opportunities to improve their experience with Quicken Loans
- Utilize both first- and third-party metrics and user research to drive priorities and decisions
- Work closely with our Product team to leverage existing and new features
- Work closely with the Product Strategy senior leadership team to make sure the company's short- and long-term goals are met
- Define and drive a Product Testing and Optimization road map based on our strategy and goals for the client-driven experience
- Make sure your testing and optimization plans have a healthy balance of return on investment and client experience
- Experience in product management and/or testing and optimization of digital products
- Experience with optimizing business metrics such as revenue, return on investment, effectiveness, NPS, speed and costs
- Expertise in both market strategy and analysis (to drive innovation) and go-to-market strategy (to drive sales and growth)
- Blend of left-brain analytical skills with right-brain creativity
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels in different ways depending on the context
- Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts
- Ability to think like a business owner and manage your product marketing and the related processes as a business
- Accountability and ownership of product marketing decisions and decisions that impact your monetization of the product
- Ability to continuously evaluate the design and user experience of your product
- Experience in high-performing, cross-functional teams
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of team members and senior leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a global, agile, fast-moving organization
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top