Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
Perform inspections to ensure all Bedrock Detroit properties are meeting company standards. Team member should be proficient and knowledgeable in property management and field inspection work. Should possess a keen sense of attention to detail, be process-oriented with a focus on results and be able to make independent decisions in performing daily work and giving recommendations to property managers.
- Conduct inspections of all Bedrock Detroit properties to assure that the buildings and surrounding areas maintained in a clean and safe environment for tenants, their guests, team members, and other visitors to the site
- Perform follow-up inspections to ensure all noted areas of improvement have been completed
- Accurately document and maintain the results of the inspections and effectively communicate the results to the appropriate team leader
- Coordinate all inspections with Property Manager, including a face-to-face brief/de-brief before and after assessment
- Implement and update the Standard Operating Procedures for the inspection function
- Review and evaluate the overall condition of new and existing properties
- Evaluates existing buildings, on a complaint basis, for hazardous conditions
- Completes physical inspections of properties within an assigned territory, which includes inspection of all exterior areas, interior common areas, a select number of occupied/vacant units, and roof/mechanical areas
- Attends trainings or meetings as required
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's in Business Administration or an equivalent real estate experience
- 3-5 years of Property Management and/or facility experience, commercial experience preferred
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Yardi Preferred
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence
- The Team Member is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and grasp when performing the essential functions of the position. May be required to climb ladders and walk on roofs.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to read small print and to drive a motor vehicle is required.
- Hearing: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in English in person and on the phone is required.
- Speaking: The ability to talk to others in English in person and on the phone and effectively convey information is required.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the Anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there’s not daunting hierarchy, “boss” is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you’re the one who will reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you’ll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it. Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top