- Detroit, MI
- Strong computer skills in Word and Outlook and proficiency in Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks
- 2 years of experience in the real estate accounting field, commercial preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
The Project Accountant prepares internal and external construction financial information for commercial properties. They accurately process invoices, such as pay applications and reimbursable expenses. They analyze construction documents and payment reconciliations as well as other transactions as required. They also handle the monthly forecasting and analysis related to future cost requirements for development projects.
- Lead and coordinate daily activity for construction projects
- Handle contract and invoice review, including reconciliations
- Assist with budget creation, forecasting and funding requests
- Create monthly reporting and draw packages
- Review sworn statements and lien waivers
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Monitor cash balance in the bank along with preparation of cash positions upon request; notify owner of account shortfalls so that funding can be done
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and/or post complex journal entries required by GAAP reporting
- Ensure all charges are billed pursuant to terms of leases
- Prepare and assemble financial reports for monthly operating reports
- Assist in the creation of annual property budgets
- Assist auditors in the annual review of controls and/or financial statements
- Keep and update monthly work papers
- Prepare reserve requests for reimbursement from lender
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top