- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in programming in Progress programming language
- 2 years of experience in software testing and design
- 2 years of experience in database management as it relates to software development
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
In this role, you'll join a highly motivated team of technologists and work with business stakeholders to identify, analyze, test and implement key process improvements. You'll use Progress daily and should be open to learning other tool sets, as well.
Agile processes are established by the SAFe framework, so experience with this type of environment is ideal. You must be able to communicate effectively, think strategically and be comfortable with giving and receiving feedback.
Expect regular meetings where you can check in with the team for updates, followed by plenty of blocked off focus time for you to complete tasks. If you're a curious person and looking for a place that promotes professional growth and development, then this is the job for you.
We pride ourselves on the welcoming culture that starts day one - this is a place where everyone can bring their entire self to work and diverse opinions are welcome.
- Design, develop or modify software by using various programming languages depending on the product(s)
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Assist with delivery estimates
- Determine and execute the software deployment process
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.