Who We Are
Xenith football helmets feature Xenith Adaptive Head Protection® – a system of patented technologies designed to provide superior fit and to minimize the sudden movement of the head during impact. Hundreds of thousands of players at all levels, including youth, high school, major college and the NFL wear Xenith helmets. Xenith incorporates the same protection technology in not only helmets but also Xenith’s XFlexion Shoulder Pads. Being “An Authorized Supplier of Helmets to the NFL,” Xenith supports making the game of football a safer game for everyone to play.
What You'll Do/Need
Xenith is looking for a Product Designer whose talent and passion for sports will help drive Xenith’s product design and performance, and enhance an athlete’s experience with the Xenith brand. Working within a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and researchers, the Product Designer provides creative horsepower to take exciting opportunities through to innovative products.
- Cultivate insight into athlete needs via various research methodologies, finding the deeper opportunities others might miss
- Conceptualize differentiated solutions based on those insights to protect and empower athletes
- Contribute to the full design process including ideation, functional prototyping, field-testing and design finalization
- Research innovative materials and processes, identify and communicate with potential suppliers, and occasionally travel to production facilities
- Develop samples and working models by hand, with computerized prototyping equipment or through external partners
- Work with the team to review samples and deliver revision instructions in sampling process through final sizing, approval and delivery
- Arrange meetings and liaise with Engineering and Marketing to review appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues
- Maintain knowledge of trends and color, and inform product decisions
- Collaborate with external consultancies where needed
- Industrial design, product design or other relevant degree such as mechanical engineering
- One year of relevant product experience, preferably in the sporting goods industry (including internships and/or co-op experiences)
- Inspired ideation skills, and analog and digital capabilities (Adobe CS, Sketchbook Pro, Cintiq)
- Hands-on prototyping/model creation experience, with samples or a portfolio
- Thorough understanding of product development and manufacturing processes
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 25% of the time
- Passion for sports and desire to be a part of a fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Experience working with teams
What You'll Get
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Xenith gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally.
Xenith is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top