The Platform Strategist understands and anticipates product needs through intense research of new technologies, customer feedback, current state processes, and partnership with the business and Product Strategy.
- Develop and maintain the platform vision and road map, communicating "the why" widely and often
- Ensure that solutions being developed achieve and do not harm the vision and road map
- Work with technology partners (Product Owners, System Architects, Release Train Engineers, etc.) to understand the scope of work and assist with decision-making when necessary
- Participate in release planning events, presenting the vision and road map along the course of each release
- Build relationships and communicate at a high level with a wide array of partners, including but not limited to business stakeholders, Technology team members, senior leadership and other Product Strategy team members
- Understand and apply the strategic themes established by senior leadership toward the direction of the platform road map and success measures of the outputs
- Define, govern and update via collaboration with Engineering Technology teams
- Actively participate in the technology and mortgage industries to anticipate platform needs
- 5 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- Strong background in data analysis, software development, business process knowledge/improvement or architecture
- Technical knowledge and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with system design and collaboration
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Lean business case creation and SAFe PO/PM certification
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top