- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in infrastructure design and implementation
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, including compute, networking, storage, database, and message queuing.
- Operational mindset around enterprise scalability, resiliency and high availability
- Experience with data security, encryption and authentication solutions
- Experience with Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Amazon Web Services, security or other cloud architect certifications a plus
- Strong knowledge of containers and serverless architecture
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking, security segmentation and
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code and scripting of infrastructure automation (Terraform, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Pipeline experience, as well as cloud governance tools, to simplify a DevOps deployment experience, increase velocity, and integrate security controls.
- Beneficial to be familiar with authentication best practices around Active Directory, Kerberos, SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and Identify Federation.
- Beneficial to have experience with ServiceNow's CMDB and Discovery features.
The Platform Architect aligns the best infrastructure technologies with business needs, researches the latest industry trends and technologies, and promotes platforms that maximize stability, scalability, developer velocity, automation and security for both cloud and on-premise applications.
- Determine and document best practices for implementing infrastructure for applications with IaC
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate future technology roadmaps
- Mentor others on best practices, migrating to new platforms and using 100% IAC
- Champion the protection of client data and a least privileges philosophy
- Research and test new technologies that deliver business value
- Review architectural diagrams and cloud strategies with clients
- Work with information security and compliance teams to ensure proper cloud governance
- Architect solutions with stability, scalability, velocity, automation and security in mind
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top