- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of progressive IT experience conducting performance, load, stress and endurance testing using LoadRunner , Jmeter , K6 or SOASTA CloudTest
- 3 years of experience analyzing application performance requirements and designing testing scenarios to evaluate performance
- Experience scripting with LoadRunner and Jmeter
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Performance Engineer improves the quality of a broad range of applications and services by designing and implementing automated performance tests to exercise our systems and works with development, hardware, networks, databases and other teams involved in project planning, development and testing.
- Establish performance test strategies and requirements, planning and procedures, and load and stress testing
- Review functional and nonfunctional requirements, assist development teams in identifying and resolving problems, and tweak individual components for optimum performance
- Assess system performance and scalability
- Assess readiness and deviation of product and project performance based on test results and product specifications
- Create and execute test plans to ensure software quality
- Clarify requirements, understand design decisions, and write or modify test scripts
- Serve as a contact for input and interpretation of issues that impact product performance and system stability
- Collaborate with business analysts, system engineers, the Network and Development teams, and other teams to understand and validate configuration settings to ensure optimal product performance, scalability and availability for production environments
- Create, review, update and execute automation scripts as required for development and debugging efforts to ensure system performance and stability
- Assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance system performance
- Identify product performance issues during new product development
- Keep current on product trends and technology innovations and provide detailed recommendations concerning new products, methods and technologies that will enhance test efficiencies
- Perform on-demand testing as requested
- Perform product evaluations and benchmarking
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top