Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
This position is part of the Human Resource team with ownership of payroll administration and onboarding. This individual will ensure the accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll and provide timely and accurate financial information. This individual will also act as a subject matter expert for all payroll related items, conduct quarterly reconciliations and work closely with the Controller of our operating companies. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for our salaried and hourly, full time and part time employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry
- Process and review all payroll related interfaces
- Verify and reconcile wages and hours from various applications
- Calculate time cards when needed
- System maintenance, including, but not limited to tax form processing, local taxes, timekeeping, direct deposit set up, garnishment processing
- Process new hires, leave of absence and terminations according to State law
- Produce audit reports and special cases
- Process stop payment, reversal and update on line banking
- Assist Team Leaders with time and attendance entries
- Conduct research and analysis to assist the department manager with special projects
- Administration functions including running reports and effective record keeping and communication
- Develop process improvements focused on increasing efficiency and communication
- Interpret payroll policies and procedures to company team members and leaders
- This position will work closely with the Human Resource Generalist to ensure personnel data is received timely and accurately
- Work with the Quicken Loans payroll team to effectively process biweekly payroll and other payroll functions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 2-5 years hands on Payroll experience
- Exposure to a fast paced, multi-task work environment a plus
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills and an ability to detect inconsistencies in data and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly responsible with ability to meet deadlines with high sense of urgency
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Proficient in payroll software
- Operate with highest levels of confidentiality
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top