Network Operations Center Technical Support Specialist
We're looking for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technical Support Specialist to join our team and help us improve our weekend, nighttime and morning coverage. The NOC team is an onsite 24/7 team dedicated to being the central point of contact, communication and support for the technology that the Rock Family of Companies depends on. The NOC Technical Support Specialist is a first responder focused on keeping our network, servers and applications running smoothly. This team member plays a central role in the health and stability of our technology, including troubleshooting, creating documentation, communicating and coordinating efforts to resolve issues with our other support and engineering teams.
- Respond to and resolve critical server, application and network alerts
- Perform troubleshooting, updates and regular maintenance on Windows and Unix servers
- Send communication to technology teams and business users regarding technology issues, outages and downtime during planned maintenance
- Coordinate and communicate with external vendors and partners for support
- Order and replace failed/faulty server parts
- Participate in deep dives and root cause analysis to prevent and reduce the severity of future issues and outages
- Update and add documentation for support procedures and system information
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve the team's processes, technical knowledge and relationships with other technology and business partners
- Good understanding of network communication, current server technology and hardware
- Knowledge and experience administering and troubleshooting Windows servers
- Ability to simplify complicated technology
- Ability to perform and communicate well in high-pressure situations
- Flexibility to work any shift or day of the week, including holidays
What'll Make You Special
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar technical subject
- 2 years of relevant technical work experience
- Experience with troubleshooting and replacing server hardware components
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Experience using other synthetic and real-time monitoring tools (agent-based and agentless)
- Experience scripting with PowerShell
- Knowledge and experience administering and troubleshooting Linux/UNIX servers
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Romeo R.President’s Club Power Banker—Web Mortgage Banking
Romeo’s main focus is building relationships. He prospects new business that can benefit from Quicken Loans technology, and maintains strong relationships with existing accounts.
Back to top