Network Automation Engineer
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
The Network Automation Engineer will work with a team of Network Engineers to design, build, and maintain the enterprise network for Quicken Loans and the Family of Companies. Through collaboration with Software Engineers, Network Engineers, and SMEs across multiple teams, they will create technology to streamline infrastructure operations and deployments. This role is a mix of software engineering and network engineering. This engineer must be highly motivated, self-driven, forward-thinking, and results-oriented.
- Development, configuration, implementation, and testing of multiple network platforms to streamline network operations.
- Develop an automation framework to couple with other internal technology standards.
- Work with multiple Engineering teams to incorporate infrastructure provisioning into deployment pipelines.
- Develop validation and testing procedures around network systems.
- Manage development of complex automation solutions to work with existing and new network technologies such as switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Mentor fellow Network Engineers on automation techniques and best practices.
- Write and maintain software to solve complex network management tasks such as:
- Provision and deploy network devices and auditing configuration.
- Integrate network function (e.g. DNS and DHCP) provisioning into software engineering pipelines.
- Deploying firewall rules while utilizing internal business processes for checks and balances.
- Design, deploy, and maintain network systems.
- Create, maintain, and update documentation of network systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Prior Network Engineering experience building and maintaining enterprise networks.
- Prior Software Engineering experience building automation systems.
- Prior experience leading technological and cultural change in the network environment.
- Experience in Campus, Data Center, Wide Area Network (WAN), and network security.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Ansible, Jenkins, and Teraform.
- Experience using common scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Perl...
- Demonstrated experience building automation systems for complex networks of devices from vendors such as Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto, and F5.
- Experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN) solutions across Data Center, WAN (SD-WAN), campus (SD-Access), and network virtualization.
- Experience in testing and validation of network devices and systems.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts such as routing, switching, IPSEC/SSL VPN, and firewalling along with common protocols such as DNS, DHCP, SNMP, TCP/IP...
- Strong knowledge of web services technologies such as IIS, Apache, Tomcat.
- Experience integrating cloud and on-prem network infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
What'll Make You Special
- Experience with network automation platforms such as Puppet/Chef, SolarWinds NCM, Cisco ACI...
- Cloud infrastructure experience: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Network virtualization experience: Cisco ACI, VMware NSX
- Experience with BASH, Perl, Powershell, C#, Java, Git
Back to top