Mortgage Underwriter - QLMS - Remote
- Detroit, MI
- Currently working as a Mortgage Underwriter or recently worked as a Mortgage Underwriter within the previous 12 months
- Strong sense of urgency with a passion for providing exceptional client service to third-party originators
- Strong proficiency with PC platforms, Microsoft Office suite and multiple internet browsers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Government loan underwriting certifications such as DE or LAPP
- Experience in wholesale mortgage underwriting working directly with mortgage brokers and third-party originators
- Degree in business, economics, finance or similar
The Credit Underwriter at Quicken Loans Mortgage Services (QLMS) reviews financial documents and mortgage applications to make proper credit decisions on each loan reviewed. This team member is a problem-solver who's very detail-oriented and effectively communicates heavily with internal team members and third-party originators. They use tact, ethics and grace to dig deep to find answers for our clients. The ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment is necessary for success in this role.
- Review loans and applications upon receipt; approve/deny applications based on level of risk
- Update client and lien information
- Verify and calculate whether clients' income, assets and credit meet guidelines
- Verify we have all documentation supporting what is being used to qualify our clients
- Communicate by phone and or email with third-party originators with underwriting-specific questions, requests and overall updates
- Identify potential fraud and occupancy red flags
- Verify client identity and order verification documents from third-party sources
- Conduct the final check of conditions before final approval
- Utilize reports and other systems to manage pipelines
- Review findings to ensure correct status of applications
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top