Military Veteran - Tour of Duty - Information Technology
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Quicken Loans Tour of Duty program is a competitive six-month internship designed to give recently transitioned veterans the opportunity to gain priceless, hands-on experience here at Quicken Loans.
The Technology Tour of Duty Associate works in a versatile role within our Information Technology team. Responsibilities will vary, and we will work to match your unique skills with the needs of the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware
- Troubleshoot and repair computers in a networked environment
- Help with IT administrative tasks
- Create new technological ideas to improve the company
- Participate in training activities to improve business skills
- Ability to work on projects that impact the company
- Recently transitioned military veteran
- General working knowledge and interest in IT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about working with people, processes and technology
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software and mobile devices
- Strong multitasking skills
- Positive attitude with high focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- High level of motivation with a desire to learn and grow
- Additional responsibilities and requirements may occur depending on the specific role
What’ll Make You Special
- Possess or be in pursuit of a degree in IT, computer science or business
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Back to top