Market Research Director
Who We Are
We’re not only the largest online mortgage lender in America, we’re also the second largest mortgage lender overall – closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past seven consecutive years, 2010 – 2016. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for three consecutive years, 2014 through 2016, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 12 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #5 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2016, remaining in the top-30 for the past 13 years.
What You'll Do/Need
As the Market Research Director, you’ll combine your market research and brand/marketing strategy experiences to lead the Market Research team. You’ll use research data to identify impactful insights into multiple business areas and then develop data-driven strategy for the execution of Quicken Loans brand and marketing campaigns and strategic partnerships. The Market Research Director manages a team of Research Analysts and ensures research processes are performed to industry-level standards and data analysis meets the strategic needs of the business leads. The Research Director also works closely with business leads to identify actionable insights from the data collected by the research team. This position will be responsible for connecting the dots between multiple data sources and integrating knowledge of the competitive environment to inform recommendations and build strategy.
- Lead the Market Research Team, including team member development
- Work closely with the business leads, internal teams and research team members to identify research needs and help clarify project objectives
- Collaborate with company leadership, marketing and creative teams to set appropriate goals and results measurements for marketing campaign executions and company initiatives
- As a market research subject-matter expert, provide recommendations to business stakeholders through strategic analysis of data
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of business success drivers, industry and regulatory trends, and the competitive marketplace
- Use research data to guide the development of marketing strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven years of experience in research, brand, market or business strategy
- Significant experience using research data as key source of strategy development
- Three years of effective leadership/management experience of research analysts and/or business strategists
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Ability to solve problems and lead teams toward a goal by setting direction and vision
- In-depth knowledge of marketing or advertising strategy and market research processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and effectively deliver detailed and complicated information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
What’ll Make You Special
- Completion of market research and/or finance coursework
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency with Qualtrics
- Ability to conduct deeper statistical analysis using SPSS or other statistics-based platforms
- Marketing strategy/brand planning experience in an agency setting
- One year of financial services industry experience
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top