Machine Learning Engineer
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
The Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) designs and develops the platform and frameworks that facilitate automated data-driven decision-making. This team member collaborates with Data Scientists to design tools to train machine learning models using data from across the enterprise and deploy machine learning services at various decision points across the business process. The MLE participates in the acquisition of data and the development of the modeling pipeline and builds the necessary integrations to deliver decisions at the right time. This person builds tools for monitoring the performance of machine learning applications and develops the necessary failsafe procedures that ensure the delivery of the most optimal decisions. The MLE develops tools that allow interactive exploration of machine learning models and runs simulations of various business scenarios. MLEs are part of a community that participates in code reviews, design reviews, extracting best practices and researching new methods.
- Work with Data Scientists and Business Analysts to frame problems within a business context
- Build data pipelines that pull data from various sources
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop algorithms and tools for training and running simulations
- Develop services that host the trained models and work with other application teams to integrate them into business processes
- Build a user interface to interact with machine learning models through simulations, visualize model metrics and collect domain expert feedback
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share best practices and experiences with the team
- Master's degree in computer science or a related field
- 3 years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithm design, modeling or machine learning
- Familiarity with various machine learning methods
- Strong object-oriented programming skills, including proficiency in Java, Scala, C/C++ or Python
- Experience building and productionizing micro-services and APIs
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries like Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem (Apache Hive, Pig, HBase and Kafka) and experience using a distributed computing platform, such as Spark
- Familiarity with a user interface framework such as Angular or React - Great verbal and written communication skills
What'll Make You Special
- Experience working with cloud computing providers such as AWS or Azure
Back to top