Machine Learning Developer
- Windsor, CA
- Master's degree in computer science or a related field
- 3 years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithm design, modeling or machine learning
- Familiarity with various machine learning methods
- Strong object-oriented programming skills, including proficiency in Java, Scala, C/C++ or Python
- Experience building and productionizing micro-services and APIs
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries like Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets, both structured and unstructured
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem (Apache Hive, Pig, HBase and Kafka) and experience using a distributed computing platform, such as Spark
- Familiarity with a user interface framework such as Angular or React
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with cloud computing providers such as AWS or Azure
The Machine Learning Developer (MLD) designs and develops the platform and frameworks that facilitate automated data-driven decision-making. This team member collaborates with data scientists to design tools to train machine learning models using data from across the enterprise and deploy machine learning services at various decision points across the business process. The MLD participates in the acquisition of data and the development of the modeling pipeline and builds the necessary integrations to deliver decisions at the right time. This person builds tools for monitoring the performance of machine learning applications and develops the necessary failsafe procedures that ensure the delivery of the most optimal decisions. The MLD develops tools that allow interactive exploration of machine learning models and runs simulations of various business scenarios. MLDs are part of a community that participates in code reviews, design reviews, extracting best practices and researching new methods.
- Work with data scientists and product owners to frame problems within a business context
- Build data pipelines that pull data from various sources
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop algorithms and tools for training and running simulations
- Develop services that host the trained models and work with other application teams to integrate them into business processes
- Build a user interface to interact with machine learning models through simulations, visualize model metrics and collect domain expert feedback
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share best practices and experiences with the team
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company has policies to support applicants with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of accommodations that take into account an applicant's accessibility needs due to disability. For more information, please call us at (800) 411-JOBS or email us at Job@MyRocketCareer.com.
Back to top