Legal/Licensing Intern - Fall 2017
Who We Are
In-House Realty is the preferred real estate partner of Quicken Loans, the nation’s second-largest retail mortgage lender. Headquartered in Detroit, we lead a network of 25,000 top-notch real estate agents across all 50 states. We’re a tech-driven, big-idea company on a mission to connect pre-approved buyers and interested sellers with qualified, local real estate agents. We then work side-by-side with the client, their mortgage banker and real estate agent to monitor their progress through the entire home buying or selling process in order to ensure their complete satisfaction.
What You'll Do/Need
- Focus on state licensing: This will greatly improve our internal turnaround time for licensing applications submitted to each state as research is being completed ahead of time.
- State by state research on what is required for licensure for each broker candidate
- Gather required forms and place in the I: drive
- Reaching out to request W9 forms which is a requirement each time we put through a check request in Maude.
- Documentation of process as we progress with each state. (Very important with our licensing initiative)
- Track cost for each license obtained for budget forecasting
- Assist with tracking of CE for each licensed team member
- Focus around MLS Membership: This will greatly improve our internal turnaround time for MLS applications submitted to each state/associations as research is being completed ahead of time.
- State by State research on what is required to join specific MLSs (often time we have to reach out around orientation- attendance can be mandatory , W9 request, billing how is it handled etc., Information not listed in the website)
- Documentation of process
- Track cost for budget forecasting
- Gather required forms to apply and place in the I drive – ready once we have the green light to apply
- Purusing undergraduate degree in Political Science or related field
- Interest in compliance and research within a legal capacity
- Solution-focused with a go-getter mentality
- Ability to potentially join the team in a full-time capacity following the end of the internship
What You'll Get
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more In-House Realty is an equal opportunity employer.
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? It’s not ours, either. We pride ourselves on a strong culture that gives team members the initiative to build solutions and grow both personally and professionally. We might be in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly don’t put ceilings on our team members’ careers. Our culture promotes creativity, enthusiasm, and passion.
In-House Realty is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top