Leasing Agent- Residential
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
Leasing Associates are responsible for leasing residential space (mainly apartments, both single and multi-family) and assisting with marketing the property to prospective tenants.
- Tour prospective tenants and community members through residential spaces while communicating all the features and benefits of the community
- Greet all prospective residents
- Respond to all phone and internet leads to identify needs, preferences, and qualification status
- Create and maintain a welcoming office environment for potential residents by providing refreshments and cleaning and opening the model apartment for tours.
- Prepare, stock, and distribute leasing materials including move-in packages for new residents, renewals, and marketing materials
- Be fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of property
- Complete guest cards and perform follow-up activities
- Review lease applications and assist with the verification process
- Close sales and secure leases
- Complete all lease paperwork
- Ensure apartments are ready for residents to move in on the agreed date
- Keep accurate leasing activity records and file appropriate reports
- Assist in monitoring renewals as well as distribution and follow-up on renewal notices
- Comply with federal and state Fair Housing laws
- Monitor concessions and changes in availability
- Inspect vacancies for readiness
- Develop contacts in the residential brokerage industries at the local, regional, and national levels
- Implement marketing plans through telephone contacts and outside marketing sources
- Recruit prospective tenants with proactive marketing efforts, such as hosting open houses, sending/distributing mailers, launching referral programs, etc.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness and gather information about market competition in the area
- Offer ideas for improving the physical property and marketing to the community
- Complete daily inspection of tour route and model for appropriate curb appeal, reporting any service needs to the Maintenance Supervisor & Property Manager
- Prepare market surveys and weekly occupancy reports, reporting findings to the Property Manager
- General clerical assistance, including (but not limited to) answering phones, taking messages, managing the facilities/work orders in the property management software, filing, and ordering office supplies
- Have the appropriate knowledge and passion for Detroit to sell our thriving urban environment to potential tenants
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of sales experience, preferably in residential leasing
- Strong sales, time management, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have an enthusiastic attitude and make customer service a priority
- Must be highly motivated, service-oriented, and a self-starter
- Project a positive, friendly attitude both on the phone and on-site
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Fair Housing certification, or willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents
- Yardi experience
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with multi-family residential leasing
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the Anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there’s not daunting hierarchy, “boss” is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you’re the one who will reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you’ll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top