IT Project Management Intern - Summer 2020
Interns at the Rock Family of Companies gain priceless, hands-on experience. Here, they learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit and become a valuable member of our team.
- Supporting a Project Manager in a Project Coordinator role
- Build project plans and complete project documentation
- Analyze business and user needs, then document requirements
- Manage basic project phases, coordinate and drive communication, facilitate decisions and follow through on project execution
- Facilitate regular client and project team meetings
- Work with various Technology leaders
- Keep business units and stakeholders informed of progress and changes through written or verbal communication and minimize our exposure and risk on a given project
- Effectively apply our project management methodology and project standards and help develop best practices and tools for project execution
- Pursuing or completed degree in a technology, project management or similar related field preferred
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall
- 1 year of work experience in an office setting
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Project experience preferred
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top