- Detroit, MI
The Investment Analyst position operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and has the necessary skills in investment and acquisition analysis, financing execution, portfolio reporting and development to support the portfolio of real estate projects managed or investigated by Bedrock.
- Assist in providing analytical support for investment and strategic business decisions related to real estate investment opportunities and capital structure execution
- Assist in performing market and strategic analysis, valuation, financial modeling, project underwriting and financial due diligence across the range of Bedrock's real estate activities, including commercial, retail, residential, hospitality, parking and mixed-use developments
- Contribute toward constructing project proformas, including investment and acquisition analyses, development budgets and timelines used in structuring transactions
- Support investment associates and the Vice President of Finance to secure and execute debt and equity funding for real estate projects, including construction financing, permanent loans, bridge loans, public financing vehicles, tax credits, private placements and equity
- Support the execution of financial incentives for real estate projects in collaboration with the Incentives team, as needed
- Perform investment and portfolio performance analysis and reporting for both internal and third-party equity investor communication
- Support compliance reporting to meet requirements of lenders, tax credit investors and partners
- Interface with external resources, including consultants, legal, tax and accounting professionals as well as other subject matter experts as needed
- Assist in the evaluation of potential investment partners and partnership structures
- Research real estate markets locally, nationally and internationally to provide context in benchmarking the performance of Bedrock's real estate portfolio and maintain key assumptions for analyses
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in finance, accounting or economics preferred
- 2 years of experience in finance, investing, corporate development, investment banking or other financial services
- Prior experience at a real estate services, investment or development company strongly preferred
- Proven track record of high performance in prior work and university studies
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing abilities while being agile and adaptable
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undergoing construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph & Breithaupt Career and Technical Centers to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum!
Back to top