- Practice interior design in a nontraditional architecture studio embedded within a fast-paced real estate company
- Produce exceptional design drawings, graphic collateral, text and research documentation
- Help with the selection and specification of finishes, amenities, fixtures and materials
- Coordinate the production of design collateral within the Bedrock Architecture team
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project design goals and vision and work with the Bedrock Architecture team's leadership toward developing appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of FF&E materials, systems and supply chains as well as associated emerging trends
- Work closely with FF&E suppliers and brokers to help maintain up-to-date relationships and the Bedrock Resource Library
- Coordinate and present project updates to the Bedrock Architecture team leadership for review and direction
- Comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents, data and financial information into graphic narratives appropriate to different audiences
- Understand and support the conceptual design and design development phase of architecture with great design, graphics, text, research, drawing and rendering skills
- Contribute to a range of projects, including traditional interior design projects (retail, hospitality, office and multifamily residential), existing building analysis (asset position and strategic visioning), and projects adjacent to traditional interior design projects, which may include wayfinding, environmental graphics and residential staging
- Present interior design projects to Bedrock Architecture team members
- Work closely with other Bedrock teams, consultants and external stakeholders to implement design concepts and support interdisciplinary collaboration
- Participate in the drafting and implementation of Bedrock Architecture team design initiatives
- 1 year of experience in professional interiors and/or architectural design
- Bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture or a similar subject
- Master's degree preferred
- Professional certification (such as NCIDQ) preferred
- Competency in industry software, including Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and Revit, 3-D modeling and rendering tools
- Knowledge of the city of Detroit, including its history and neighborhoods as well as the recent developments in the central business district
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undergoing construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph & Breithaupt Career and Technical Centers to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum!
Back to top