- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational technology or a related field
- 1 years of instructional design experience
The Instructional Technologist uses learning and instructional theory to analyze learning needs and goals, creates instructional content and develops a delivery system to meet those needs.
- Create and modify computer-based training (CBT) storyboards
- Create and modify unique and interactive CBTs, both collaboratively and independently
- Effectively incorporate client feedback into CBTs
- Assess and modify existing training programs to meet instructional design standards
- Conduct research and analyze data to determine training needs
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with subject matter experts and identify the target audience's training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (e.g., audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learners' performance and develop assessment instruments
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top