- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a similar technical subject or 3 years of related work experience
- 2 years experience in systems engineering for cloud solutions (AWS and/or Azure)
- Extensive experience with Linux and administration
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS and/or Azure
- Hands-on experience using Docker
- Experience and solid understanding of deploying and maintaining container orchestration platforms such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud security and understand the principle of least privilege
- Experience with securing cloud resources and IAM configurations
- Experience in Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps culture principles and practices
- Experience with Git and Terraform
- Scripting knowledge (SH, Powershell, Python)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for building and integrating cloud server infrastructure as well as ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Troubleshoot advanced operating systems and application issues
- Provide administration and support on AWS and Azure
- Provide support for identity and access management for company infrastructure
- Manage infrastructure as code through CI/CD
- Collaborate with developers and clients to develop solutions using cloud solutions
- Deploy and support new SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS services in cloud environments
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure cloud environments
- Understand and identify business processes and opportunities for technology value creation
- Restore service during system outages, troubleshoot issues, prevent problems and escalate technical details
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other infrastructure engineers
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Back to top