Information Security Engineer
The Information Security Engineer delivers security solutions. This team member regularly consults the IT teams and other areas of the business to help interpret and communicate risk. The Information Security Engineer is detail-oriented, loves to take risks and constantly challenges assumptions. This is a hands-on technical role.
We are a team of collaborative InfoSec professionals who are always pushing ourselves and each other to grow. Most of our time is spent doing the research, digging into the problem statements, building the standards, and collaborating with delivery, implementation and business teams to build secure solutions. We are a diverse group of individuals with varying backgrounds and perspectives, unified by a love of technology and security. We work hard, play hard and dress casual!
- Provide an interface between the business and IT for technical security projects
- Create strategies, controls and architecture specifically for desktop, workstation/endpoint and mobile device security
- Maintain the organization's data loss prevention, security information and event management solutions
- Optimize technologies and processes for Information Security Analysts
- 5 years of experience in a technical information technology role
- Understanding of and practical experience with internal certificate authorities, Microsoft Windows preventive and detective controls, Microsoft Active Directory design/architecture and security, data loss/leak prevention and multifactor authentication
- Understanding of network design, encryption/PKI, mobile security, network security technologies and vulnerability management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to look at all situations objectively and a love of challenging assumptions
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, startup-style environment
- Love of cross-training and building stronger teams
What'll Make You Special
- ISC2, GIAC or other security certification
- Knowledge of the mortgage/financial industry
- Practical knowledge of any combination of PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA and state/federal privacy laws
- Knowledge of Mac OSX security
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top