Information Security Engineer
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Information Security Engineer is a rock star who delivers security solutions. This team member regularly consults the IT teams and other areas of the business to help interpret and communicate risk. The Information Security Engineer is detail-oriented, loves to take risks and constantly challenges assumptions. This is a hands-on technical role.
- Provide an interface between the business and IT for technical security projects
- Create strategies, controls and architecture specifically for desktop, workstation/endpoint and mobile device security
- Maintain the organization's data loss prevention and security information and event management solutions
- Optimize technologies and processes for Information Security Analysts
- Five years of experience in a technical information technology role
- Understanding of and practical experience with internal certificate authorities, Microsoft Windows preventive and detective controls, Microsoft Active Directory design/architecture and security, data loss/leak prevention and multifactor authentication
- Understanding of network design, encryption/PKI, mobile security, network security technologies and vulnerability management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to look at all situations objectively and a love for challenging assumptions
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, startup-style environment
- Love for cross-training and building stronger teams
What’ll Make You Special
- ISC2, GIAC or other security certification
- Knowledge of the mortgage/financial industry
- Practical knowledge of any combination of PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA and state/federal privacy laws
- Knowledge of Mac OSX security
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Back to top