As a Rocket Companies®' team member, you're empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit, and build a career customized by you because - At Rocket, You Can.
We are tackling the biggest problems at scale that need solving from innovators like yourself - those seeking to challenge the status quo, dive deeply into technology, solve client issues, and leverage our tech platform to deliver distinct, innovative solutions. Not only will you become part of the team reshaping the fintech industry, you'll also have opportunities to contribute to our mission, which transcends far beyond the bottom line and into the communities in which we live and work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years in a technical IT security role
- CISSP, GIAC, GSEC or other security certifications
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Expert level knowledge of all layers of the OSI model and technologies/concepts that can be used to secure each
- Strong knowledge of cloud concepts and technologies
- Strong practical knowledge of concepts such as least privilege, zero trust, encryption, SOA, network design, access control and incident containment
- Working knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA or others
As an Information Security Architect, you'll work with various areas of the business to collaborate on strategy, help design secure solutions, and build standards for how those solutions should be implemented and maintained in the future.
- Help set strategic direction for information security initiatives, processes and standards
- Research, evaluate and drive next-generation security technologies and concepts to keep security ahead of the curve
- Build relationships and collaborate with other architects across IT to ensure all visions are aligned
- Conduct and attend project meetings to provide security and governance input throughout project life cycles
- Influence decision-makers in the areas of secure network design, access/authentication controls, IaaS and others
- Coordinate risk assessments of IT projects and systems
- Create, refine, deliver and evangelize information security standards to be used throughout the enterprise that balance business needs and external requirements
- Create end-to-end security solutions involving a mix of technical and organizational requirements
- Monitor changes in the legislative, regulatory and contractual landscape to ensure that the information security program is always at least one step ahead
- Mentor more junior information security team members
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.