Government Insuring Team Leader
- Detroit, MI
- 3 years of mortgage loan review experience required (quality control review, mortgage banking, underwriting, processing or government loan insuring)
- Thorough understanding of government mortgage products and processes
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, confident and enthusiastic demeanor
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including data management and graphs
- Previous leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
The Team Leader of the Government Insuring team within Capital Markets is responsible for the leadership and development of their team members. This team leader is exposed to all aspects of the insuring process, including remitting and insuring all FHA and VA loans, resolving issues and conflicts that prevent a loan from being insurable, and reporting on production and problem loans to senior management.
- Manage the Government Insuring pipeline daily
- Use FHA and VA systems to remit insurance premiums and submit insurance applications
- Resolve issues and conflicts that prevent a loan from being insurable
- Report on production and problem loans to senior management
- Contact clients, FHA team members and VA team members as necessary
- Develop and manage training for the Government Insuring team
- Measure and monitor team member productivity
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members on performance
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work with the Technology and Mousetrap teams to implement the changes and improvements
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top