Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Event Manager plans and executes special events, meetings, incentive travel, parties, awards shows, charity functions and more for the Rock Family of Companies. This team member ties threads in the Family of Companies and supports Detroit initiatives. The goal is a world-class event every time.
- Work with internal and external clients to assess goals, timelines and budgets for events
- Develop themes, mood boards and decor plans (which can sometimes include stage sets) for each event
- Solicit quotes and secure vendors for food/beverage selections, arrangements for audio/visual service, transportation, travel, entertainment, decor, venue, security, etc.
- Work with the Event team, clients, internal teams and outside vendors to execute events; this includes producing detailed event plans and communicating on an ongoing basis with all relevant parties
- Manage registration and communication process for events
- Manage volunteer workforce for events
- Create various email communications and work with our Graphic Design team to produce event branding and printed materials for events
- Assist with reconciliations and prepare reports on event expenses
- Create agenda or run of show for events and handle stage direction for live shows
- Collaborate with a team to create high-level events
- Work on multiple (5+) events at one time on a team that produces upwards of 450 events annually
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience planning and executing events
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Skilled in strategic/critical thinking
- Foresight of potential problems at events in order to make plans to avoid them
- Ability to identify both useful/problematic aspects of ideas, even his/her own ideas
- Active listener
- Great people/communications skills to interact with vendors/clients/Event team partners
- Excellent writing skills to communicate event details creatively and concisely
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to achieve results
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle changes on the fly
- High attention to detail and high level of organization
- Ability to work within a budget and on very tight timelines
- Flexibility to travel and work unusual and often long hours
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with Keynote and Mac
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Skilled in both logistics/organization and design/decor
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Back to top