Enterprise Quality Architect
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years of quality engineering experience
- Data engineering concepts/experience and architecture building
- Data as a service experience
- Experience creating quality testing frameworks on large scale data platforms in modern data technologies like Hadoop, Cloudera, AWS, etc.
- Proficient understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling
- Experience setting up a software development life cycle environment for data product delivery, including but not limited to: CI/CD, GIT, etc.
- Successful experience mentoring team members on best practices and skill development
- Experience building frameworks for QA tests and processes
- Experience with any of the following: Nunit, Xunit, JUnit, Selenium, Robotium, TSQLT or any other performance load testing
- Ability to write Regex
- Machine learning experience
- Model deployment experience
- Data science best practices like model governance
- Experience in relevant fields, such as computer science or data analytics
- Master's degree in computer engineering a plus
The Enterprise Quality Architect improves the overall quality of software systems through designing and implementing testing and automation solutions and strategies. This team member plays a significant role in designing and implementing software systems with a quality-first mindset and helps identify, communicate and resolve quality issues at the enterprise level.
- Facilitate collaboration across delivery teams to ensure implementation of overall standards, best practices and continuous improvement topics, such as unit testing, continuous delivery, code reviews and test automation
- Collaboratively define quality gates for projects, such as code coverage, security scans, performance targets, etc.
- Mentor, train and support other teams and team members in overall testing processes and strategy, automation, performance and load, scalability, high availability, test case/data management, disaster recovery, security and full integration testing
- Be an advocate for positive technological and quality changes
- Design, create and build next-generation, quality-focused architectures and concepts
- Develop data quality best practices, process changes, standards and continuous process improvement topics, and build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues that impact product quality, performance, scalability and system stability
- Effectively facilitate and drive the quality of an application, including testing strategy, design, code review and retrospective sessions, and perform this process for multiple teams and applications
- Maintain an intense curiosity and devotion to keeping skills current with market trends and researching newer tools and ideas within the industry
- Oversee projects to ensure overall system quality and test to see if automation deliverables are being met
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top