- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
- 7 years of experience in database administration, application development, data integration, data modeling and data management
- 7 years of experience with data quality management, reference data management, master data management, ODS/graph management, enrichment and analytics, metadata management, integrations and service standards, data lakes or governance (architectural and technical)
- 7 years of experience with relational data modeling, big data modeling, conceptual data modeling and logical data modeling
- 5 years of experience with building data solutions
- 5 years of experience with system architecture and normalization considerations
- 5 years of experience with inter-system communication strategies, including ESB and web services
- Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field preferred
- Experience with enterprise architecture modeling languages or frameworks such as ArchiMate, TOGAF, SOA or CMMI
- Knowledge of and experience with Open Group Standards
- Experience with SAFe methodology
- General experience with scripting and data language like Python, PowerShell, SQL and Bash
- Experience with MapReduce syntax such as Hadoop stack
The Enterprise Data Architect identifies and interprets the data needs of the organization and designs and maintains blueprints based on those needs to assist in the guidance of data integration, control of data assets and alignment of data investments with the business strategy.
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for participating in the creation and evolution of a technology road map that defines data architectures enabling a solid enterprise data strategy. Subject matter expertise is necessary in architectural frameworks, methods, design patterns and tools. This team member is proficient in at least one of the following areas of focus: data quality management, reference data management, master data management, ODS/graph management, enrichment and analytics, metadata management, integrations and service standards, data lakes or governance (architectural and technical).
The Enterprise Data Architect drives common approaches and exposes information assets and processes across the enterprise and solutions. They document multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
- Create and evolve the technology road maps that define company data architectures and enable a solid company data strategy
- Ensure data solutions are built for performance, fault tolerance and security with reusable patterns
- Develop best practices for knowledge and data discovery to deliver impactful data-driven decision support systems, while leading others to technical success by understanding and applying best practices
- Take ownership of defining best practices for change management, source control and deployment methodologies for big data solutions
- Identify and enable data capabilities across the company
- Design integrations with other data sources
- Research, analyze and promote data standards to be used across the company
- Set and lead standards discussions among big data engineers, data scientists and other data engineers across Technology
- Architect data solutions
- Identify and implement build vs. buy strategies with regard to technology
- Monitor and identify performance trends and work with teams to improve processes and procedures
- Partner with the business and Technology to deliver road maps
- Work with the team to build a holistic view of the company's strategy, processes, information and information technology assets
- Define best practices and internal guidelines
- Research new technologies
- Mentor associate data architects and other team members outside of their direct team
- Capture program metrics
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.