Enterprise Data Architect
The Enterprise Data Architect participates in the creation and evolution of a technology road map that defines current technical architectures and future architectures. They are a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods, design patterns and tools. This team member leads strategic technological planning to achieve company goals, provides an architecture that meets the company's business needs, and ensures the most efficient and secure IT environment possible. The Enterprise Data Architect drives common approaches and exposes information assets and processes across the enterprise. They document multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
- Identify commonalities between business teams and businesses to define and recommend common solutions
- Build for performance, fault tolerance, security and reusable patterns
- Identify and implement build vs. buy strategies
- Monitor and identify performance trends and work with teams to improve processes and procedures
- Mentor and coach team members to expand their awareness of other aspects of the enterprise
- Develop a strategic vision for technology platforms that enables the broader vision for IT and the business
- Seek self-driven development opportunities
- Partner with the business and the Technology team to deliver road maps
- Work with stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information and information technology assets
- Research, analyze and promote technology standards to be used across the enterprise
- Facilitate problem-solving among a strong team
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent work experience in technology
- 10 years of experience in technology, with an understanding of mortgage lending
- 3 years of experience providing technical leadership or guidance
- Experience using architectural methodologies and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman and ArchiMate
- Experience with messaging systems and developing transactional systems
- Proven experience in rewriting, refactoring, scaling and the re-architecture of applications
- In-depth understanding of our internal applications and how our infrastructure works together
- Ability to keep current on product trends and technology innovations
- Knowledge of system architecture and normalization considerations
- Knowledge of inter-system communication strategies, including ESB and web services
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Erica M.Mortgage Banker
Erica is the main point of contact for Quicken Loans’ mortgage clients, helping them get to the closing table with a smile on their faces.
Back to top