Enterprise Data Architect
Who We Are
We’re not only the largest online mortgage lender in America, we’re also the second largest mortgage lender overall – closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past seven consecutive years. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for the past four consecutive years, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE magazine’s first-ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years, and we were ranked #10 in FORTUNE magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, remaining in the top 30 for the past 14 years.
What You'll Do/Need
Enterprise Data Architects participate in the creation and evolution of a technology road map that defines current technical architectures and future architectures. They are subject matter experts for architectural frameworks, methods, design patterns and tools. The person in this position will lead strategic technological planning to achieve company goals, provide an architecture that meets the Company's business needs and will provide the most efficient and secure IT environment possible.
Enterprise Data Architects drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. They document multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
- Identify commonalities between business teams and businesses to define and recommend common solutions
- Build for performance, fault tolerance, security and reusable patterns
- Identify and implement build vs. buy strategies
- Monitor and identify performance trends and work with teams to improve processes and procedures
- Mentor and coach team members to expand their awareness of other aspects of the enterprise
- Develop a strategic vision for technology platforms that enables the broader vision for IT and the business
- Seek self-driven development opportunities
- Partner with business and technology to deliver roadmaps
- Work with stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
- Research, analyze and promote technology standards to be used across the enterprise.
- Facilitate problem-solving among a strong team
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or equivalent work experience in technology
- 10 years of experience in technology, with an understanding of mortgage lending
- Three years of experience providing technical leadership or guidance
- Experience using architectural methodologies and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman and Archimate
- Experience with messaging systems, technologies and developing transactional systems
- Proven experience in rewriting, refactoring, scaling and the re-architecture of applications
- In-depth understanding of our internal applications and how our infrastructure work together
- Keep current on product trends and technology innovations
- Knowledge of system architecture and normalization considerations
- Knowledge on inter-system communication strategies, including ESB and web services
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top