Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
Enterprise Architects participate in the creation and evolution of a technology road map that defines current technical architectures and future architectures. They are subject matter experts for architectural frameworks, methods, design patterns and tools. The person in this position will lead strategic technological planning to achieve company goals, provide an architecture that meets the Company's business needs and will provide the most efficient and secure IT environment possible.
Enterprise Architects drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. They document multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
- Identify commonalities between business teams and businesses to define and recommend common solutions
- Build for performance, fault tolerance, security and reusable patterns
- Identify and implement build vs. buy strategies
- Monitor and identify performance trends and work with teams to improve processes and procedures
- Mentor and coach team members to expand their awareness of other aspects of the enterprise
- Develop a strategic vision for technology platforms that enables the broader vision for IT and the business
- Seek self-driven development opportunities
- Partner with business and technology to deliver roadmaps
- Work with stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
- Research, analyze and promote technology standards to be used across the enterprise.
- Facilitate problem-solving among a strong team
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or equivalent work experience in technology
- 10 years of experience in technology, with an understanding of mortgage lending
- Three years of experience providing technical leadership or guidance
- Experience using architectural methodologies and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman and Archimate
- Experience with messaging systems, technologies and developing transactional systems
- Proven experience in rewriting, refactoring, scaling and the re-architecture of applications
- In-depth understanding of our internal applications and how our infrastructure work together
- Keep current on product trends and technology innovations
- Knowledge of system architecture and normalization considerations
- Knowledge on inter-system communication strategies, including ESB and web services
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010–2016 Primary Mortgage Origination and 2014–2015 Primary Mortgage Servicer StudiesSM. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 4,666 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July–August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 5,922 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March–April 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the second largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S., according to National Mortgage News, Quarter 2, 2016.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top