Engineering Project Manager
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates has committed more than $5.6 billion in acquiring and developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet.
Bedrock is leading Detroit’s building boom with the city’s largest and most ambitious projects. These projects meet an increasing demand for Class A office space and modern living options in a growing and technology-centric urban core, with an emphasis on ground-level activation and increased walkability. In the next five years, Bedrock plans to deliver 3,500 new residential units to the market; from City Modern, an 8.4-acre neighborhood where residents can age in place; to 28Grand, where residents use the city as their living room; to the Hudson’s project, which will soon be home to Detroit’s tallest building and most landmark address.
Our Core Values: Independently Driven | Never Satisfied | Relentless Commitment to Service
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum! For more Information, visit bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Engineers Project Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), Fire Life Safety (FLS), and Integration. Housed within their layered team is our Building Controls Team, which offers additional in house installation, programming, and management services. The Engineering Project Manager also works on due diligence of newly acquired building ensuring that we stick to outline budgets. The Engineering Project Manager also drives green and sustainability initiatives by using the best technologies available and continuously working to lessen our carbon footprint.
- Overseeing Construction projects
- Experience with project management responsibilities for planning, scheduling and organizing project activities
- Define project scopes of work in collaboration with cross-functional departments and senior management
- Develop project budgets
- Create a detailed work plan/schedule, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Track progress, deadlines, and milestones of company projects and notify appropriate individuals and departments
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in MEP related fields
- Trade or Skilled Trade related fields; Carpentry, Electrician, Plumbing, Construction
- A minimum of five years experience
- Understanding of Construction process
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top