Electrical Design Engineer
Who We Are
You have an opportunity to become one of the first employees in fast growing startup aspiring to bring latest IoT and wearable technologies to the world of industrial safety and worker productivity. Guardhat is developing an industrial wearable that uses IoT technologies to protect and empower industrial workers. Guardhat blends existing and emerging technologies to prevent safety incidents and to intervene more effectively when incidents happen. Beyond safety, the Guardhat open platform can deploy additional applications involving real-time access to the front-line workforce. Guardhat market includes all workers in industries with a hard hat requirement. There are over 13 million workers in relevant industries in the U.S. The global market is estimated at 150-200 million users.
What You'll Do/Need
The Guardhat Senior Electrical Design Engineer leads the team’s hardware development efforts. The Design Engineer uses prior electrical hardware design experience and ability to design, build and implement new products. This individual has hands-on experience with creating new schematics, PCB layout, board bring-up and testing.
- Provide electrical schematics creation and validation
- Develop component selection and BOM creation
- Create PCB design and verification
- Assist with board bring-up
- Design for reliability and manufacturability
- Test electrical systems
- Electrical engineering degree
- Three years of electrical hardware (digital and analog) design and validation experience
- Experience with schematics creation, PCB layout and verification experience
- Knowledge of electronic design tools – in particular, Altium Designer and OrCAD Allegro
- Design experience with MCU- and SOC-based systems,
- Create RF/wireless design experiences
What’ll Make You Special
- Prior startup experience and/or ability to work in small, agile teams to design new products and make improvements to existing products
- Understanding of ATEX standards and experience in ATEX-compliant product development
- Experience in battery system and antenna design
- Knowledge in programming (C language) in real-time Linux for embedded system
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Guardhat gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Guardhat, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Guardhat is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top