Director of Data Services and BI
Who We Are
Rock Connections is a contact services provider that makes interactions between brands and consumers easier and more effective. The company leverages technology, data, and industry-leading training to strategically connect with consumers in the most effective way – improving conversion rates and providing a greater return on marketing investments. Rock Connections has a proven track record of strengthening brand reputations and driving value for the businesses it represents. Serving a wide range of well-known, national brands, Rock Connections provides client care and sales in a variety of industries, including finance, automotive and health care.
What You'll Do/Need
The Director of Data Services and Business Intelligence (BI) reports to the SVP of Marketing and Operations and leads a team of data and BI gurus to effectively and sustainably provide data and BI solutions and tools across the organization. You will integrate, transform and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies and smarter, more informed decision-making. This will include managing and organizing data, automating reports and data exchanges, and developing web-based data visualizations and self-serve BI for various business stakeholders.
You will lead the team to continually improve the technologies, strategies and analytical techniques that will drive business growth for Rock Connections. By working closely with all levels of business (each with varying levels of technical knowledge), you and your team will work to understand and gather business and technical requirements for desired data management and BI projects. By working closely with your team, you’ll work to ensure project deliverables are meeting expectations and delivered on time.
- Partner with senior leaders to define and create clear priorities and objectives for the Data Services and BI team as well as stay aligned with the Quicken Loans Family of Companies Data Analytics team
- Lead the design and implementation of data and analytics solutions. Collaborate with Business Analytics and Data Science teams to operationalize pipelines
- Lead the design and develop data and BI solutions to organize data from multiple sources, automate aggregation and transformations, and develop web-based data visualizations for various business stakeholders
- Lead, develop and grow a team of data and analytics analysts, contributing to their technical and professional development
- Lead and assign variable length projects to the Data Services and Business Intelligence team
- Document project requirements and define technical requirements
- Track overall and detailed project statuses and regularly communicate status to the external stakeholders and direct manager
- Verify database/system health and quality assurance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, computer science or related field of study
- 7 years’ experience working in the BI/data service or technology resources sector as Data Engineer, Software Engineer, ETL Developer, SQL Developer, IT Technical Project Manager or similar
- Experience reporting project status, scope changes and critical metrics to all stakeholders including senior and executive management, preferably in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment through strategic planning, prioritization and task delegation
- Experience working with complex SQL, ETL technologies (e.g., SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho and DataStage)
- Experience creating object models and source code in Python/Java/C#/C++/GO or other object-oriented programming language
- Practical experience working with AWS Analytics, AWS Database and AWS Management Tools
- Experience with data warehouse/lake, data virtualization architecture and BI technologies (such as MicroStrategy, Looker, Tableau or ThoughtSpot)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with business stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment; ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills; ability to manage, mentor and inspire direct reports
What You'll Get
- Paid training
- Strong growth and leadership opportunities
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Rock Connections, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who will reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
Rock Connections is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top