Director of Data Science
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
Data is everything. It runs our world, and the power of harnessing and understanding data can transform normal into greatness. As the Director of Data Science, you will be leading a team of focused individuals working to advance the data foundation at Quicken Loans. We have a high regard for all things data, and our company’s commitment to business intelligence reflects that. Are you on the cutting edge of new techniques and advancements in the field? Are you known for devising data strategies that optimize business models? Are you ready to join a team of like-minded team members ready to change the data world? Then this might be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a candidate who can walk the walk and talk the talk. In this role, you set the vision and direction for data science practices at Quicken Loans. You’ll interact with teams from around the company and make recommendations into how to align data to desired outcomes. You’ll also build a scalable data structure to support company initiatives.
- Set the vision and the direction – strategically and tactically – for the team
- Challenge the team to drive new solutions and think big
- Embody our culture and model this for the team each and every day
- Coach and develop team members to their full potential and provide career growth opportunities
- Partner with the larger Business Intelligence team to define solutions and deliver value
- Make recommendations for innovative solutions to integrate into our environment
- Identify the areas needed to grow the team in order to support company-wide efforts
- Sets the vision and the direction for the team both strategically as well as tactically
- Challenges the team to drive new solutions and think big
- Embodies our culture and models this for the team each and every day
- Strong communication abilities – being able to share highly detailed information to all audiences, being able to listen with focus to the root of the request and being able to connect with your team members and peers and business partners
- Coaching and developing team members to their full potential and provide career growth opportunities
- Partnering with the larger Business Intelligence team to define solutions and deliver value
- Has the capacity to be adaptable with the work approach and with the strategy of the team
- Making recommendations for innovative solutions to integrate in our environment
- Identifying the areas needed to grow the team to support companywide efforts
- Demonstrated ability to form strong business partnerships and make effective decisions
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with data visualization tools and time series
- Working knowledge of relational databases and standard SQL query methods
- Proficiency in at least one general programming language such as Python, Java or C/C++
- Experience working with Big Data within a Hadoop environment
- Experience working with R, SAS or other statistical packages
- Advanced experience with statistical, econometric or data-mining tools and methods
- Experience with linear models (linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression), and nonlinear modeling techniques
- Knowledge of advanced nonlinear techniques, including smoothing and ensemble methods
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top