Director, Information Technology Training
The Director of Information Technology Training leads our IT training strategy, oversees its implementation and assesses its outcomes. This leader identifies training and developmental needs and drives suitable training initiatives that help build our company and ensure that our IT team members have the skills to be excellent.
- Collaborate across relevant business areas to identify knowledge and skill gaps as well as organizational development solutions for current and future needs
- Work with senior leadership to implement the strategic plan for their team
- Use needs assessments and regular partnerships with internal stakeholders to identify training solution opportunities across the organization
- Design and implement effective training to educate and improve the performance and productivity of team members by applying instructional design methodology to content provided by subject matter experts, utilizing a variety of mediums addressing the development needs
- Monitor and evaluate training progress, effectiveness and impact; periodically report results for individual requirements, program completion, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the support teams (internal and external) to gain a full understanding of training requirements and consult on training roll-out strategies
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure learning content, experiences and materials reflect the audience learning needs
- Keep up to date on training trends, developments and best practices
- Develop a business case and budgets for proposed organizational development solutions; manage the training budget
- Manage vendor relationships and partner with appropriate educational companies/institutions to provide additional team member learning opportunities and additional organizational/training and development resources as needed
- Communicate and embody the culture, vision and overall direction of the team
- Lead, guide and evaluate the team
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience working in learning and development, training, project/team management or another relevant role
- 3 years of experience as a leader in learning and development, training or a relevant role
- Experience with Agile methodologies, instructional design, the software development life cycle, learning management systems (SABA, SumTotal, etc.) and eLearning authoring tools, and learning and development methods (ADDIE model, Kirkpatrick scale, Bloom's taxonomy, etc.)
- Previous experience analyzing business needs and designing, developing and evaluating training
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top