- 5 years of diversity, equity, and inclusion experience
- Proven track record of creating and implementing diversity, equity and inclusion solutions that achieve organizational success
- Experience building strategies, providing solutions, and exposing areas of opportunity for multiple business areas
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication
- Ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Ability to travel and attend meetings on behalf of the team
- Experience designing and delivering strategies related to the strategic pillars of talent, culture, marketplace, and community.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience working in areas of diversity, inclusion, EOE
- DE&I or HR professional certificate
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director creates strategies that supports the adoption and long-term success of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives for a slate of organizations. Serve in a consultative function to address business needs and challenges through a DEI lens. In collaboration with leadership, they enhance the organization's competitive position. Utilize relevant data and market trends to create a DEI strategy that is focused on the strategic pillars of talent, culture, marketplace, and community.
- Develop strategic partnerships with the leadership team, Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) and other internal customers to identify diversity, equity, inclusion and engagement initiatives that foster and address corporate strategic goals and needs
- Guide the organization through the management and execution of strategic DEI actions
- Build, Review and/or recommend enhancements to DEI strategy and plans to generate relevant, measurable results
- Utilize data and research metrics to build an inclusive culture
- Recommend metrics and processes used to measure and fine-tune DEI initiatives Assess the impact of DEI initiatives, alignment to vision/values, barriers and synergies
- Provide ongoing support to the organization's leadership team on DEI
- Provide guidance, oversight and management to maximize contributions to the company's short- and long-term business strategies
- Provide DEI coaching and development to senior leaders within the organization
- Support the development of integrated talent strategies to support of a pipeline of diverse talent
- Support project teams in integrating change management activities into project plans
- Work with leaders to understand current spend and create strategic solutions to engage with more diverse suppliers.
- Tie threads between leadership and internal & external community efforts.
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Quicken Loans Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert's portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Rock Family of Companies mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its thousands of team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.