Director, Data Engineering
- Detroit, MI
- 5 years of experience leading a large Data Engineering / Analytics Organization
- 8 years of experience in a product engineering role, such as Data Engineer, Product Owner or Data Analyst
- 5 years of management, leadership and administration experience
- 5 years of experience using work item tracking tools (Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Nice to have - Experience working with Black Knight or similar Loan Origination projects
- Experience with migration Data Warehouse onto Cloud (AWS preferred but can be any other platform)
We are looking for a pioneering, mission-driven, and supportive Director of Engineering to lead Engineering efforts for our Servicing Data team. The Director, Engineering oversees team's execution of engineering strategies, implements strategic initiatives and handles multiple projects in partnership with our Product Engineering teams. We stand at cross-roads of innovation through Data Products that are harnessed by data scientists, engineers and analysts, to bring a competitive advantage to our business. Do you love building and organizing data on platforms at scale? Be the leader of our mighty and growing team of data engineers and play a key role in driving our business strategies through cutting edge Data Products.
- Communicate and embody the culture, vision and overall direction of the team
- Lead, guide and evaluate the work of direct-report leaders
- Work with senior leadership to implement the strategic plan for the team
- Apply Lean/Agile values and principles to a software delivery team
- Develop and refine best practices and processes to guide teams through Agile methodology
- Make critical process improvement recommendations and think strategically
- Support the intake and prioritization process for technology work requests for the supported group of Technology teams
- Assist teams in capturing and breaking down delivery of more complex requests that require coordination between teams
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top