Director, Business Development
- Oakland, CA
- Proven work experience as a business development manager and/or sales executive
- Previous experience in digital media ad sales and programmatic ad sales a plus
- Understanding of ad yield, ad operations and ad trafficking
- Communication, collaboration and negotiation skills and history of responding to RFPs
- Experience at full service ad agencies or on the publisher side of business
- Working knowledge of DMPs and how publishers create a first party strategy
The Director of Business Development is expected to set a digital media strategy and lead programmatic sales outreach to meet and exceed assigned revenue goals. This leader is responsible for generating programmatic media sales across Dictionary.com's portfolio of digital publishing assets and executing the company's sales strategy.
- Create the business development strategy and lead the outreach to new advertising partners, including agencies, trading desks, DSPs and brand advertisers
- Sell digital/programmatic media as Dictionary's leads sales development person
- Drive programmatic revenue for display, mobile and video demand through PMP and PD deals, networks, SDK partners and especially Programmatic Guaranteed to all our properties
- Oversee all outside sales-related processes, including assessing the landscape and identification of top prospects
- Respond to incoming opportunities
- Negotiate and execute new deals and insertion orders
- Work with the Marketing and Ad Yield Operations teams to set up media deals that monetize user experiences
- Generate new sales leads through prospecting and understanding of prospective partners' business challenges
- Educate and upsell clients on our ad inventory
- Work with the Yield team to manage and optimize different performing deals
- Have knowledge of and background in working with DSPs, SSPs, DMPs and trading desks
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we've made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top