Direct Response Copywriter
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Direct Response Copywriter will help strategize and write copy for all creative assets supporting our conversion stream, including email marketing campaigns, broadcast, banner ads and direct mail. This is a highly collaborative position working with the Quicken Loans Marketing team.
- Collaborate: Work in cooperation with Designers, Creative Strategists and other Copywriters to concept and craft creative work to support direct response campaign initiatives
- Craft: Attend kickoff meetings and review creative briefs to deliver distinct and impactful copy, then work with a Creative Strategist to refine the final creative product before pitching the creative to high-level business stakeholders for approval
- Brainstorm: Think big and craft ambitious creative with other members of the Creative team
- Critique: Check copy to ensure quality and tracking from objective to action
- Experience writing for email, broadcast, direct mail and digital advertising
- Expertise in email marketing with a strong knowledge of A/B testing best practices
- Strong ability to produce multiple variations of copy in a high-volume, fast-paced business stream
- Work samples demonstrating a variety of writing skills and a high level of strategic thinking
- Strong ability to collaborate with designers, strategists and business partners to create and execute work
- Ability to successfully pitch work to high-level business stakeholders
- Ability to deliver a high volume of quality work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook rules
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply skills to multiple media and various business segments
- Agility to adapt to sudden and pressing needs based on external business and market conditions
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top