Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Development Controller operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Along with the Development Accounting team, the Development Controller supports the portfolio of real estate projects held for development or under construction managed by Bedrock. This person must possess the necessary skills in accounting for real estate projects still in development with an understanding of both GAAP and tax treatment of related costs. Exhibiting leadership, exercising management, and enforcing accountability systems within the team is key to this position.
- Lead, manage and hold accountable all members of the Development Accounting team
- Ensure accounting records are maintained on projects held for development or under construction in accordance with GAAP
- Produce quarterly financial statements for development projects
- Continue to develop and refine project cost reporting within Yardi to support the Finance, Accounting, and Construction and Management teams’ needs for accurate spending information
- Monitor invoicing for Tenant Improvement Allowance overages
- Prepare draw packages for lenders and tax credit investors for undisbursed funds
- Consistently stay current on GAAP and tax developments within the real estate industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Must have development, construction and/or real estate experience
- Proven track record of high performance in prior work and university studies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Yardi accounting software
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Openness to constructive criticism
- Desire to constantly devise innovative solutions to problems
- Act with a sense of urgency and selflessly serve key stakeholders
- Driven to manage and complete multiple deadline-driven tasks
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with regional or national CPA firm, with concentration in real estate or construction
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top