Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
The Architecture Team is responsible for a wide breadth of work ranging from property acquisition through construction. Architecture’s role includes but is not limited to: research, analysis, programming, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and construction drawings, retail vision and tenant pre-leases, signage design, marking and branding collateral. The focus of the Bedrock Architecture Team is the strategic redevelopment of the urban core, collaborating with both internal and external partners as design advocates at the every level of production.
What You'll Do/Need
The candidate for this position will operate in a fast paced, dynamic, environment and must possess experience in architectural design, land use, and planning to develop the conceptual designs of future real estate development projects. The candidate will also facilitate and support both 1) the internal architecture and real estate development project team members as needed and, 2) the external professional firms that form the multi-disciplinary team for the implementation of projects.
- Originates and develops creative design concepts and design documents during the conceptual, schematic, and design development phases for both pre-acquisition concepts and post-acquisition architecture and master plans of all future development projects
- Collaborate with senior executives to implement Bedrock’s standard project creation process, templates, and design tools to support the definition of all development projects that will be leveraged by real estate project managers and the executive team
- Collaborate with architecture, development, and civic project teams to reach project goals
- Create effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, senior executives and/or public groups
- Represents the client in the coordination of the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases
- Oversees design team or less experienced designers to ensure design content
- Provide support to Bedrock construction team as needed in order to coordinate and implement desired project design objectives
- Originates and develops creative design graphics, design documents, text, and other original content for both architecture and civic projects
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents, data, and financial information into graphic narratives appropriate to different audiences
- Facilitation of communication in project meetings to support project goals
- Minimum 5 years of professional architecture and design experience
- Professional licensure in architecture is preferred
- Bachelor’s or Masters of Architecture
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with strengths in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Autocad or Revit
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software: sketch-up and others
- Architectural strength in conceptual design, graphic design, branding, and illustrating architectural narratives
- Ability to understand and support the design process with great design, graphics, and rendering skills
- Possess discipline as a project manager while being entrepreneurial in style and approach, having the ability to function within a well-organized, yet rigorous and demanding environment
- Facilitation of communication in client meetings regarding project matters
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents, data, and financial information
- Willingness to learn financial terms and principles in order to help others prepare financial/business analysis
- Possess personal qualities of creativity, independence and initiative, and most importantly, high levels of ethical and moral integrity
- Maintain calm, utilize good judgement, and reasoning ability within a variety of stressful situations
- Utilize Sketchup (and other 3D software) and AutoCAD for plans, conceptual diagrams, renderings, building additions, and/or development plans
- Openness to practicing architecture in a non-traditional architecture studio (although the candidate will be working under licensed architects in order to obtain IDP hours)
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Modest & Secure
- Independently Driven
- Intelligently Collaborative
- Never Satisfied
- Relentless Commitment to Service
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and may be modified periodically.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top