Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Data Scientist at Quicken Loans delves into the recesses of large data sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to discover hidden knowledge about our business and to develop methods to leverage that knowledge within our line of business. The successful candidate combines strengths in mathematics and applied statics, computer science, visualization capabilities and a healthy sense of exploration and knowledge acquisition.
- Leverage your knowledge of programming, mathematics and computer science to transform the way our company does business
- Translate business opportunities into data-driven machine learning, big data and modeling solutions that revamp our processes or produce data products
- Develop and collect data for ad hoc and statistical analyses
- Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Maintain relationships between business area clients, Business Intelligence and Technology so all teams are aligned to meet team objectives
- Work with Project Managers to develop detailed project timelines
- Summarize and present conclusions and solutions
- Communicate complex analyses clearly to all audiences
- Master’s degree or above in a STEM field, including but not limited to: computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, engineering, economics, social sciences, physics, chemistry
- 4 years of experience providing advanced analytics within a business setting
- 1 year of data science implementation experience within a business setting
- Experience working with raw and missing data
- Understanding of programming fundamentals
- Understanding of statistics
- Excellent communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with data visualization tools and time series
- Working knowledge of relational databases and standard SQL query methods
- Proficiency in at least one general programming language such as Python, Java or C/C++
- Experience working with big data within a Hadoop environment
- Experience working with R, SAS or other statistical packages
- Advanced experience with statistical, econometric or data-mining tools and methods
- Experience with linear models (linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression), and nonlinear modeling techniques
- Knowledge of advanced nonlinear techniques, including smoothing and ensemble methods
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Back to top