Data Quality Specialist
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
As a Data Quality Specialist, you’ll be responsible for understanding the strategic and operational uses of Quicken Loans information and translating them into data quality requirements. You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of processes to improve and maintain the quality of enterprise data and information. The Data Quality Leader provides functional, technical and process leadership. The organization will depend on this person to implement and monitor guidelines and practices for quality and compliance requirements. The work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, teamwork and initiative. This role reports to the Director of Data Governance.
- Develop, document and maintain data quality goals, standards and requirements; prepare compliance reports for presentation
- Provide direction and training in data quality management and improvement practices to IT team members, business subject-matter experts and senior leaders
- Establish and maintain an ongoing process for reviewing suspect data, determining root cause and remediating data quality issues
- Partner with cross-functional teams to assess data quality improvement opportunities, identify cost-effective improvements and manage data quality projects
- Monitor production data quality, report to leaders on the progress of data quality improvement and identify and introduce new reporting opportunities into the business
- Develop data monitoring processes and procedures for adherence to data governance guidelines
- Ensure data supports defined business processes, requirements and governance standards
- Coordinate the development, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of effectiveness of corrective action plans
- Drive adherence to enterprise compliance policies and manage changes when necessary to improve quality or maintain compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, information systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Four years of data-related experience (e.g., data quality, data compliance or data governance experience)
- Solid understanding of Master and Transactional Data Entities
- Ability to identify and describe the complex interplay between data in the various systems of origin and final use (e.g., reporting, decision-making, regulatory compliance)
- Ability to understand the implications of data quality issues and to explain the impact technology, organizational structure and business practices have on data quality
- Flexibility to effectively interact with cross-functional and quality improvement teams at every level of the organization
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and demonstrated process improvement skills
Proactive work style and a desire to take on additional responsibilities
What’ll Make You Special
- Collibra tools experience
- Data quality tool experience
- Tableau experience
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top