Data Governance Lead
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a data governance role - data security, privacy, compliance/risk, data quality and/or stewardship
- Strong track record of executing data governance initiatives in support of regulatory requirements or a wider data governance initiative
- Good understanding of data management concepts using an industry framework such as DAMA-DMBOK2
- Good understanding of regulations like CCPA, TCPA, etc. and technology solutions needed in support of those
- Experience building a data governance capability from the ground up
- Experience working on data governance tools like Informatica and Collibra, and data privacy tools like OneTrust
- Experience in a regulated industry, contact center and/or the automotive sales industry
The Data Governance Lead is a key role within the Data Services team and will be leading all our projects/initiatives in support of Data Governance & Regulatory Compliance. The individual will be instrumental in building a data governance foundation within the company. Interested individual will be deeply passionate about "all things data". They will be a motivated doer leader who will come in and do the work while defining the vision and road map needed for the data governance competency (people, process and technology). The person will need to have a consulting mindset and excellent domain knowledge in data governance.
- Work with all key stakeholders to identify data governance requirements and execute on those
- Work closely with the enterprise data architecture team for standards and assessments
- Lead the data privacy management initiative and own the technology solutions
- Define future solutions/road map using an approach that balances enterprise standards with local needs
- Develop data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the company
- Build a metadata repository/catalog of data assets and data flows
- Ensure data quality procedures are being properly implemented by team members
- Participate in data governance discussions and forums in the company
Who We Are
Rocket Auto is a virtual car buying experience that's dedicated to helping our clients confidently buy and sell vehicles through a seamless virtual marketplace.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top