Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience working with database tools
- 3 years of programming experience using Python and C#
- 3 years of experience working with SQL server integration services or ETL tools
- 3 years of experience working with data integration tools
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with ETL tools
- Knowledge of data integration tools
- Software programming languages, such as Python and C#
The Data Engineer works with database engineers to design, develop and maintain the infrastructure of data within the data warehouse, including setting the ETL (extract, transform, load) processes, bringing in new data sources, modifying existing data sources, making sure data is clean, complete and consumable, as well as designing data models within the data warehouse.
The Data Engineer works as part of one or more project teams and is responsible for designing and building mechanisms to move, integrate, cleanse and publish large volume datasets. This is a developer role with a specialty in data and requires deep knowledge of a variety of programming languages and design patterns.
- Design and support the new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse
- Work closely with data architects and follow best practices for data management consumption
- Work closely with business analysts to work through business requirements and develop processes to provide the needed data visibility via the data warehouse and reporting platform
- Model application layer and metadata design
- Design and create automated applications and reporting solutions
- Work closely with front-end developers to ensure data is being brought in and data integrity is being maintained
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the data warehouse servers
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top