Data Engineer - Cloud
- Detroit, MI
- 2 years of experience in SQL database applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SQL Server integration
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of VBScript
- Knowledge of .Net
The Database Engineer works closely with development teams and is responsible for physical database design and implementation performance tuning. They maintain database tasks, conduct performance tuning and implement disaster recovery for database servers.
- Oversee physical database design, monitor database performance and implement performance tuning
- Lead code and design reviews
- Create standards and best practices for database design and development
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation and flow across systems
- Act as a mentor for other team members
- Write complex stored procedures and enhance database applications
- Meet with team leaders to ensure data collection satisfaction and presentation
- Understand large data models quickly
- Be available to be on call
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top