Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Data Engineer is the core developer for the Data Strategy team. We’re building a high-performance team from scratch and are looking for a few unique and powerful technical team members who are willing to design the future of how we use and understand data across the Family of Companies. The Data Engineer works as part of one or more project teams and is responsible for designing and building mechanisms to move, integrate, cleanse and publish large volume datasets. This is a developer role with a specialty in data, and requires deep knowledge of a variety of programming languages and design patterns. If you have a passion for data and love to code, you should apply for this gig.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Developers, Architects, QAs, System Engineers and product
- managers to solve data-related technical issues
- Provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Design and implement ETL scripts to meet requirements with acceptable performance and scalability
- Build large and complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business needs
- Conduct profiling on large volumes of data to look at patterns, quality and trends
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify points of interest
- Understand and apply tools for gathering data and performing data analyses
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
- Advanced understanding of data modeling techniques and tools
- Advanced SQL skills, especially with Microsoft SQL server and SSIS
- Object-oriented programming experience in .NET, Python and/or PHP)
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Strong understanding of web services such as XML/XSLT and messaging systems
- Team-oriented experience
- Superb attention to detail
- Very good verbal and written communication skills regardless of audience
- Ability to identify and analyze business problems, find opportunities and offer solutions
- Ability to clearly articulate and effectively write business requirements
What'll Make You Special
- The ability to dig into complex problems and work the details until a solution is found
- Self-starter who works as part of a team
- Team player with a super positive attitude in the midst of ambiguity
- Willingness to wear multiple “hats,” including contributing in large group settings and heads-down individual work
- Understanding of Data Management principles and practices, including Data Quality and Data Security
- Understanding of graph databases
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top